Andrew Huang represents clients across many industries in a wide range of complex business and commercial disputes. He has extensive experience litigating in state and federal trial and appeals courts in California, and across the United States. He has litigated disputes involving class action allegations, in addition to claims for securities fraud, accounting fraud, regulatory and enforcement violations, breach of contract (including leases, exclusivity provisions, and purchasing agreements), fraudulent and negligent misrepresentations, violations of California consumer protection laws, and violations of California labor and employment laws. Mr. Huang is also an experienced legal adviser, and has provided counsel on corporate governance, compliance, and internal investigations.
Mr. Huang has successfully represented clients in all facets of litigation. Representative matters include:
- Litigation counsel for Fortune 500 retail client in consumer class actions involving product packaging and liability and fraudulent misrepresentations.
- Litigation counsel for several retail clients alleging misclassification of employees under state and federal statutes, and violations of the California Labor Code.
- Litigation counsel for media entertainment company concerning territorial rights for usage of intellectual property.
- Litigation and discovery counsel for financial institution against securities purchasers, underwriters, and shareholders arising out of the marketing and sale of residential mortgage-backed securities.
- Litigation and advisory counsel for international medical devices company in assessing compliance and corporate governance initiatives at several sites and offices worldwide.
- Litigation and advisory counsel for international mining company in assessing potential regulatory and compliance concerns and leading forensic accounting analysis of payments made to third parties and other vendors.
- Litigation counsel for credit union regarding allegations of improper fees assessments and violations of consumer protection laws.
Mr. Huang received a B.A. in psychology from the University of Southern California, and graduated from Columbia Law School. Before joining Steinbrecher & Span LLP, Mr. Huang previously externed with the Hon. Robert P. Patterson Jr. of the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York. In addition, he was a member of the litigation practices at other prominent, international law firms in New York, Washington, D.C., and Los Angeles. Mr. Huang is licensed to practice in California, New York, and Washington D.C.
Mr. Huang’s email address is: [email protected]