Los Angeles Environmental Lawyers Serving California Businesses
Providing representation through environmental litigation in CA
A nationally recognized leader in the field of environmental law, Steinbrecher & Span LLP attorney Richard Denney, Jr. wrote the definitive California Environmental Law Handbook, co-editing 11 editions of the publication. Clients who come to our firm do so for the dependable representation and reputation of our environmental legal team.
A national leader heading our environmental law practice
The environmental law experience of our legal team is impressive. Richard Denney offers clients more than 40 years of experience practicing environmental law and litigating environmental matters and, in the course of his career, has been exposed to this area of the law from different perspectives:
- Working as legal counsel for the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Serving as general counsel for a major chemical corporation
- Representing small and large companies in environmental ligation in various law firms
Steinbrecher & Span attorney and co-author of portions of the California Environmental Law Handbook, Douglas Painter’s practice emphasizes environmental law. He has experience successfully representing major companies involved in Superfund sites and handling expert witnesses in these lengthy and complicated cases.
Facilitating practical and professionally responsible solutions
The regulatory framework established under the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA), the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), and other federal and local environmental laws is beyond comprehensive. A party’s obligations and responsibilities under CERCLA and RCRA are extensive, and businesses of all sizes can find themselves caught up in the maze of these provisions. Our nationally recognized environmental litigation lawyers possess the experience and understanding of the law necessary for handling all kinds of issues:
- Litigating CERCLA and RCRA leasehold disputes
- Representing companies in challenging CERCLA provisions
- Defending California Environmental Quality Act challenges
- Advising on and litigating groundwater contamination cases
- Representing companies at Superfund sites
- Advising on and representing companies in environmental property issues
- Maximizing cross-examination of expert witnesses in environmental litigation
Let us provide legal advice on environmental issues and competent representation in court
We do not simply advise clients facing litigation; in many cases, we are brought in before legal claims arise to advise clients on potential environmental issues and applicable environmental regulations. Our attorneys literally wrote the book on this complicated area of law and can help. Contact our dedicated team today for assistance.