Los Angeles Contract and Warranty Dispute Attorneys
Providing professional advice for contract and warranty solutions and business litigation
Contracts provide the foundation on which businesses are built and establish the structure for relationships and dealings between businesses. But at Steinbrecher & Span LLP, we know that the most common driver of business litigation is a dispute over a contract and its terms. It is a cost of doing business for many companies, and to reduce this cost for our business clients, our firm places priority on having a legal team in which every member has experience in business and commercial litigation.
Big-firm representation with a boutique-firm focus
Our contract dispute clients appreciate the added benefits of working with our high-caliber boutique litigation firm:
- Priority given to understanding your business — Not every contract or warranty dispute is a bet-the-company case and, in fact, treating every case as such is a quick way to drain corporate resources. Our attorneys take the time to understand your business and the industry in which it operates, which is necessary to honestly assess which disputes need to be litigated and which disputes need to be resolved out of court.
- Direct & personalized communication — Through our extensive work with businesses of all sizes, we know how important it is to communicate often and openly with in-house counsel. Not only are we committed to providing monthly reports on progress and billing, but we also believe in minimizing client costs by internalizing a number of operating expenses.
- Cost-effective counsel & representation – Being represented by a firm whose legal bills dwarf the contractual dispute at issue makes little business sense. With the cost of discovery, especially discovery of electronically stored information, even a small dispute can be expensive. Your bottom line is our bottom line, and we prioritize providing cost-effective representation to resolve disputes without creating additional issues for your business.
Proven success in navigating commercial contract disputes and warranty disputes
Ambiguity in terms, differing interpretations of obligations, and the inability or unwillingness of a party to comply with the terms can lead to a contract dispute or breach. We routinely handle these issues as part of our commercial and business law practice, and our litigation team can assist you with all aspects of these disputes:
- Contract disputes — A business can encounter a contract dispute at many levels of operation: in dealings with another business for services or sale of goods, with former or current employees leveraging their employment contracts, with tenants or landlords with contracts governing real estate relationships, and with third parties concerning intellectual property or licensing agreements. Our attorneys have experience dealing with all types of business-to-business contract disputes.
- Breach of contract — Many contract disputes can be remedied before a breach occurs, which is often to a party’s benefit. But when it does occur, a breach of contract can disrupt protection and productivity, and potentially damage vital corporate relationships. Litigation is often a last resort when a contract has been breached, but seeking redress is important for business interests, regardless of whether this is obtained outside of or in court.
- Breach of warranty — Whether your business is seeking to enforce a warranty built into a contract for the sale of goods or the exchange of services, or you are mounting a defense against breach of warranty, a favorable resolution of these claims is important for the continued and successful operation of your business. These claims can be particularly complicated when consumers are involved, as putting on a defense against consumer rights groups or a class action lawsuit can be expensive and time-consuming.
Our business litigation team has represented businesses locally and around the world. These days, even small businesses have gone global and, often, contracts implicate international companies and/or foreign laws. The experience of our attorneys and the corresponding benefits to clients are international, because so is your business.
Rely on us to resolve contract disputes and to seek remedy in the event of a breach
Our business litigation team can represent you in the event of a contract or warranty breach or prevent common disputes from resulting in breaches. These are common but often expensive disputes and you can trust our firm to stay true to your bottom line.