Douglas P. Kelley
Douglas P. Kelley is in our Houston office and has more than 25 years of aviation law experience with a major airline. His practice has focused on regulatory and commercial matters, including alliances, joint ventures and loyalty programs.
Mr. Kelley has extensive legal experience with the commercial and regulatory issues concerning airline revenue production, including:
- Alliances, including global alliances, joint ventures, domestic and international codesharing, and sales collaboration
- Frequent Flyer Programs, including program development and partner participation
- Marketing Programs, including sponsorships, branding and promotions
- Passenger/Consumer Protection
- Pricing and Revenue Management
- Sales and Distribution
- Schedules, including slots
While working in these areas, Mr. Kelley obtained considerable experience advising on complex antitrust/competition compliance matters and working through the Federal Aviation Regulations.
With over 25 years as in-house counsel at Continental Airlines and United Airlines, Mr. Kelley possesses a unique perspective on providing practical and efficient legal services for the client. Mr. Kelley understands that good representation requires that the attorney listen to the client so as to understand what the client is truly trying to obtain, understand the risks, and be willing to look at different options to obtain the client’s goals in a cost-effective and efficient manner.
Mr. Kelley obtained his JD from the University of Houston Law Center in 1988 and graduated from Muhlenberg College in 1985. He has lived in Houston for the last 30 years.
Mr. Kelley’s email address is: [email protected].