Established, Trusted Los Angeles Attorneys Specializing in Complex and General Business Litigation
Accomplished California litigators dedicated to clients’ success
When faced with a dispute that might wind up in court, it is important to seek legal counsel right away. Steinbrecher & Span helps clients assess the merits of their litigation position and evaluate their options. We have a proven history of achieving successful litigation outcomes, in court, in any type of alternative dispute resolution process, including arbitration and mediation, or through settlement. Based in Los Angeles, Steinbrecher & Span zealously represents clients in all phases of litigation, including pre-litigation negotiations, litigation, trial and appeals. With additional offices in Washington, D.C. and Houston, Texas, our team advises clients across the country, from Fortune 500 companies to small businesses. Throughout California and nationwide, Steinbrecher & Span enjoys a reputation for litigating effectively, ethically and with the highest degree of professionalism.
Respected business attorneys aim to resolve disputes favorably and efficiently
We focus on providing results-oriented representation tailored to the priorities of each client. Our team of attorneys will analyze all aspects of the particular legal challenge and develop the best strategy to meet the client’s objectives.
Our litigators have experience handling a wide array of actions, including in the areas of:
- Contracts — Disputes arising out of a party’s failure to perform under a contract account for most business disputes. Steinbrecher & Span has vast experience in litigating every conceivable type of contract, including supply agreements, personal services contracts, real estate contracts, product distribution contracts, franchise agreements, construction contracts, personal guarantees and many, many more. Our firm helps clients navigate through the litigation process, assess the risks of litigation and provides practical advice that empowers them to reach the best business outcome.
- Business torts and unfair competition — Steinbrecher & Span represents clients in cases involving commercial injury as a result of wrongful business conduct, including fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, theft of trade secrets (including customer lists), tortious interference with contract, false advertising and other business torts or unfair competition. The firm has deep experience in both prosecuting and defending against business tort claims.
- Owner disputes — Disagreements among partners, shareholders and LLC members can throw a business into chaos and threaten its very existence. Our team protects our clients’ interests during a shareholder or partnership dispute while avoiding a protracted battle that could damages the underlying business.
- Franchise agreements — Disharmony between franchisors and franchisees may arise due to compliance issues, territory disputes, misuse of intellectual property and various other matters. We look to resolve franchise disputes while avoiding additional harm to the brand. Our attorneys also assist with franchise agreement negotiations, mediations and arbitrations.
- Antitrust law and FTC regulations — Our firm provides thoughtful and strategic responses to alleged violations of antitrust laws and/or Federal Trade Commission regulations. We advise businesses during investigations and provide guidance on how to conduct operations without risking a violation of this complex set of laws.
- Insurance coverage — A claim made against your business can have long-term repercussions. If your business is accused of negligence, our attorneys will communicate and coordinate with your insurance carrier to see that coverage is provided in accordance with the policy terms and that an effective defense is mounted on your behalf.
In all areas, we collaborate with the client to ensure that the best result possible will be achieved. Sometimes, settlement is the best outcome. Other times, a resolution cannot be reached and the case must be tried or arbitrated. Steinbrecher & Span has a skilled team of trial lawyers who can take the case the distance.
Regardless of what specific business law counsel you require, our highly regarded attorneys are here to answer frequently asked questions and find creative ways to tackle your particular obstacles.
We represent clients nationwide. To schedule a consultation with a member of our legal team, call (213) 891-1400 or contact us online.