General Corporate Attorneys Los Angeles
The experienced Los Angeles business lawyers at Steinbrecher & Span LLP in our corporate and commercial practice serve as general counsel to a number of small to mid-market privately and publicly owned businesses, providing advice and counsel throughout the entire life cycle of those businesses. We have represented clients in a wide range of business matters, including choice of business entity and entity formation, corporate governance, corporate finance, federal and state securities regulation, stock option and deferred compensation plans, commercial law and finance, secured transactions, equipment leasing and handling business combinations in the form of mergers, acquisitions and other types of reorganization.
Our attorneys have experience in many areas of corporate and business practice, including the following:
- We counsel entrepreneurs and startups on the structures of their businesses, from initial formation to their expansion in several phases and all the way through to dissolution or the dissociation of equity owners.
- We advise both venture capital investors and the emerging growth companies in which they invest, in a variety of industries including software and information technology, semiconductors, internet, new media, and life sciences ventures.
- We handle clients’ needs in connection with a variety of commercial transactions, including terms and conditions of sale, long-term and short-term supply agreements, marketing and promotion arrangements, distributorship and sales representative arrangements, consulting and other services contracts, outsourcing and managed-services arrangements, nondisclosure agreements, employment contracts and policies, noncompetition and nonsolicitation agreements, licensing arrangements and other similar matters.
- We assist clients in the structuring, negotiation and consummation of joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, both strategic and financial, and in dealing with the many legal issues likely to arise before and after any such transaction.
- We counsel for-profit and nonprofit institutions and their governing boards on a variety of governance and operational matters.
Our commitment in all corporate and transactional matters is to provide fast, practical, economical and value-added legal counsel to assist clients in addressing the issues confronting their organizations. We respond rapidly and directly to clients’ needs. We listen to our clients and, because of our experience, can provide insight as to common practice and alternatives. We also understand the cost sensitivities inherent in many business law matters, and can provide dedicated representation in a cost-effective manner.