Los Angeles Aviation Lawyers Serving National Aviation Interests
Offering airlines and aviation associations unparalleled representation
The aviation industry is one of the largest industries in the world, and its reach is truly global. Steinbrecher & Span LLP was built on the experience of two partners with truly unique experience in the field, and clients have relied on this experience for industry-tailored representation.
Leading aviation attorneys with a unique understanding of the industry
Firm partners Alan Steinbrecher and Bob Span have built legal careers on representing major airlines in civil litigation and regulatory matters. Bob is nationally recognized for his experience with federal regulations governing airlines. He has a firm understanding of the economics of airlines, the nature of the relationship between airlines and airports, and the often complicated employment issues encountered by major airlines. Equally experienced in aviation litigation, Alan has 21 years of service in the U.S. Navy, during which he flew 177 combat missions in the Vietnam War. He not only understands the industry, but he also understands aviation and the challenges facing aviators.
Doug Kelley has 25 years of in-house experience with major airlines, and has worked on issues involving almost every aspect of the industry.
Offering representation centered on communication and streamlining costs
At Steinbrecher & Span, we took the big-firm attorney experience and reputation and established an approachable and cost-conscious boutique firm. It is essential to us that you can reach us directly and also that we can reach you regularly to explain our progress and detail our billing. Our aviation litigation and regulation lawyers are dedicated to staying involved and engaged in the industries that we represent, and Bob Span currently serves as the chair of the American Bar Association’s Forum on Air and Space Law.
Litigators serving airlines and aviation associations
Our experience providing legal solutions and support to airlines and aviation associations is vast:
- Negotiating and litigating on behalf of airlines with respect to landing fees and terminal rents
- Litigating property tax payments relating to airport landing fees
- Challenging local and federal agency regulations on airlines and airports
- Arbitrating extended labor and employment disputes
- Serving as airlines’ onsite representative during National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) accident investigations
- Representing major airlines during public hearings and the probable cause stage of NTSB investigations
- Litigating personal injury and aviation safety issues on behalf of aircraft manufacturers
- Alliances, including global alliances, joint ventures, domestic and international codesharing, and sales collaboration
- Frequent Flyer programs, including program development and partner participation
- Marketing programs, including sponsorships, branding and promotions
- Passenger/consumer protection
- Pricing and revenue management
- Sales and distribution
- Schedules, including slots
We are nationally-recognized aviation counsel based in Los Angeles
The attorneys at Steinbrecher & Span LLP in Los Angeles, California bring unrivaled industry experience to aviation litigation and regulation, and because we understand your industry, we are well-positioned to represent you. Contact our legal team now.